Since the launch of Visual Studio 2015, the licences now available consist of the following options:
- Visual Studio Enterprise with MSDN
- Visual Studio Professional with/without MSDN
- Community/ Free Visual Studio Express, download from Microsoft
- Visual Studio Team Foundation Server with/without CAL’s (CALs can be User or Device)
- Visual Studio Test Professional with MSDN
- MSDN Platforms
Today: The Visual Studio Comparison Chart, will help you make the right decision in choosing the correct product type offering.
The following products have now ceased (from September 1st, 2015)
- Visual Studio Ultimate with MSDN and Visual Studio Premium with MSDN. These transitioned to Visual Studio Enterprise with MSDN.
- MSDN Operating System is no longer available. Those who have active licenses, should purchase Visual Studio PRO with MSDN at the renewal price when they fall due for renewal.
Customers with an active MSDN OS licence (2 or 3 year Volume licence agreement) will continue to receive MSDN/OS benefits, and will have the option to renew into Visual Studio Pro with MSDN at the end of the 2 or 3 year term.