An MSDN subscription Offers: Software, services, support, training – In short a massive array of resources to help you. With a enormous library of current and previous editions of Microsoft software, plus access to Microsoft’s ALM solution and Microsoft Azure, you have the resources you need to support your development.
An MSDN Subscription offers the following 10 big benefits:
- An extensive Software “Back Version” Collection: – Generally regarded as the “primary MSDN benefit” by developers. An MSDN subscription offers direct access to Microsoft’s back software. Over 11 terabytes of data, offering developers thousands of downloads, covering different products, versions, and languages, plus tools, development kits, and other resources. The latest Microsoft products are available for download. Plus support for previous versions software titles as well, for those working in environments that do not always use the latest releases.
- MSDN offers multiple device support: Design, develop, test, and demonstrate your applications on multiple devices. Saving money on software license costs during development. You just need to get a subscription for each person on your team so everyone can enjoy the benefits.
- Visual Studio Online: offers an end-to-end, cloud-based ALM solution that handles everything from version control and code reviews to agile planning and automated builds.
- Microsoft Azure: You will receive a monthly credit to use for whatever Microsoft Azure service you want. Build native cloud applications, test existing applications in virtual machines or create hybrid applications that span your data centre and Microsoft Azure. Eliminate the cost of buying hardware for testing by using your Microsoft Azure MSDN credits. Take advantage of instant provisioning to develop and test applications faster. Use elastic scale to test real world scenarios.
- Pluralsight Training: You will receive 30 or 45 courses per 12 month period, dependant on the Visual Studio subscription level, as a benefit for being a MSDN subscriber! Pluralsight is the world’s largest tech training library providing online courses for professional developers and IT admins. Your benefit includes a great selection of courses covering the latest in development—up your skillset while learning from industry experts. Plus, courses will be updated regularly so you always have the latest.
- Office 365 Developer Subscription: as an MSDN subscriber, you’re eligible for a single-user Office 365 Developer Subscription. Use your Office 365 Developer Site as a development and testing environment for creating apps for Office and SharePoint. Shorten your setup time and start creating, testing, and deploying your apps today. Best of all, signing up for an Office 365 Developer Subscription enables you to publish your apps to the Office Store. Make your free and paid apps available to the hundreds of millions of Office and SharePoint users worldwide.
- Forums to support MSDN Subscribers: MSDN offers access to a numerous support issues, including tricky technical problems encountered for the first time. First, the forums where you can post questions to be answered by a Microsoft engineer if the community doesn’t give you the answer first.
- Technical Support Incidents: which entitle you to receive professional technical support for up to four incidents depending on your subscription level. These support incidents can be used for assistance with technical break-fix issues in non-production environments though Microsoft Technical Support. You never know when you’ll need to use this, but the help is there when you do.
- Online Chat: Online Chat is a one-to-one web-based chat service for all subscribers so you can get answers to non-technical questions about navigating the MSDN site, finding Knowledge Base (KB) articles, and using Subscriber Downloads. MSDN Online Chat is available 24 hours a day, 7 days a week.