When you have received the Microsoft Open / Open Value Order Confirmation email, you are ready to register the licence and assign yourself (or someone else) as the Administrator. Only the Administrator has access to the Volume Licensing Service Center (VLSC) Portal website.
The Administrator can manage or assign a User to each MSDN licence and the User can either be the same person as the Administrator or a different person. The User is set up by assigning the Subscription to an email address.
Please follow the steps below to assign the subscription:
- Visit the VLSC website.
- Login using your Microsoft Account ID E-Mail (this is the email where you received the Open Order Confirmation Notice).
- Once logged in, click on the “Licenses” tab and then select “Relationship Summary”.
- You will now see all your agreement numbers listed down the left hand side
- Depending on the type of agreement you will see the:
- Enrolment Number – Indicating if it is an “Enterprise”, “Government” or “Select Agreement”
- Public Customer Number – If it is a “Select Plus Agreement”.
- Agreement Number – Starting with the letter ‘V’ (if it’s an Open Value agreement).
- License number – If it’s an Open License agreement
- Tick the checkbox next to the license number you wish to register and then click “Manage My MSDN Subscriptions”.
- Now, choose “Assign Subscription” (for more information about the MSDN subscription under that agreement, select “Subscription Summary”).
- Now “Add” the new subscriber, PLUS details, to the licence. Make sure the country chosen for the subscription is correct for the subscriber. On this screen you can also change the details and benefit access of the subscriber(s).
- After adding the subscriber to the licence, the new subscriber should receive a Welcome
E-Mail with the Subscriber ID and instructions on how to activate the MSDN Benefits and
access downloads as well as rights to claim Software Assurance (SA) Benefits.
Each Licenced Subscriber to MSDN has rights to install and use the software, under this licence agreement, on any PCs or laptops, at the Office or at home, associated to the Subscriber, for development & testing purposes.
If you have any difficulties with the registration process or need assistance with your MSDN Subscription, please call the MSDN Help Desk on 0800 051 7215 (option #3). Opening hours Mon – Fri 9.00 am-17:00, GMT London.